Need to Replace Your Key FOB Batteries?
How do key FOBs work?
Key fob remotes are compact and wireless. They are not rechargeable and is powered by a little lithium battery which can last for 2 – 3 years and are easy to replace without a professional.
When does the key fob battery need replacing?
- When the key fob transmitter loses it range as the key fob is pressed to ARM or DISARM
- Low, Dim or No red light on key fob
- A warning alert on the Control Panel flashing yellow lights
- Bmobile Security SMS Message Alert “BMOBILE SECURITY LOW BATTERY KEYFOB”
Changing the battery
- Remove backside screw and open the cover.
- Remove old battery and install new battery.
- Test the unit by momentarily pressing of the Transmit buttons. The LED should light. Put back the cover and reattach the screw.
Purchase new battery (which is usually sold at watch repair stores).
Contact bmobile Vigilance Alarm Centre @ 800-0688 if you require any further technical assistance available 24/7.